4/22/2011

Rediscover...Earth Week

As we complete Earth Week here in Sasebo, Japan, I am thinking about the impact each of has on this planet we call home.  I am always trying to teach my children to love and care for the planet by doing simple things....turn off the water when brushing their teeth, turn off lights when we are not using them, recycle anything we can, reuse whenever possible, use less.  If they grow up realizing that every little bit helps and that there is so much more we need to do...I will be proud.  I know this is one reason I love my new passion for shopping in Japan.  I find many of my treasures at little antique stores...sometimes they are more like barns...which they translate in English to "recycle shops."  I get to "Rediscover" a new way to enjoy and appreciate these treasures.  If you would like to see some of my favorite recycled pottery ...take a look at my store. It is so much fun to find these beautiful pieces of art in the heart of one of the most famous pottery towns in the world.  I will always let you know what is new and what is a "rediscovered" treasure.

......It can be fun to Recycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment